BRG Appliances Ltd (hereinafter “Sage” or “Sage Appliances”) offers a 2-year limited commercial guarantee (“Guarantee”) for all Sage products purchased in countries listed under Sage Company Information. During the Guarantee period, Sage will repair or replace a defective product at its sole discretion.
Sage guarantees this product in specified territories for 2 years from the date of purchase against defects caused by faulty workmanship and materials. The Guarantee period may be greater for some appliances or for some parts of appliances. Sage products covered by this commercial Guarantee are intended for private household (non-commercial) use only.
The coverage under this Guarantee applies independently and in addition to your statutory rights under the UK consumer protection laws. If your product purchased directly from our Sage web shop is defective or does not conform to the purchase agreement, you may choose to file a claim under the UK common laws, under these Sage Guarantee or an optional additional Sage Plan (where applicable).
Sage grants these Guarantee only to the first-time user (end consumer). The Guarantee will not be transferred upon resale. If a product is replaced under the Guarantee, the original guarantee period will not be extended. The invoice date of the original product applies.
All goods purchased online from our Sage web shop are also subject to statutory guarantee rights. Unless otherwise specified below, further claims of the purchaser – for any legal grounds whatsoever – are excluded. Statutory guarantee periods can vary per country. Regardless, Sage grants a Guarantee period of two years for all Sage products. In addition, there may exist an extended guarantee on certain parts for individual products. Please refer for the Guarantee to the product specifications of your purchased appliance in our web shop.
In addition, for goods purchased online from our Sage web shop, consumers have certain rights to withdraw their purchases and collect a full refund. Please see our “Terms of Sale” and “Right to withdrawal” for additional information and instructions for withdrawal. Sage agrees to prolong this right of withdrawal to 30 days. The purchaser is obligated to return the original goods back to Sage, within 30 days and at SAGE´s cost.
SAGE reserves the right to assert compensation for damage to the product subject to applicable statutory requirements.
IMPORTANT RESTRICTION TO OUR SAGE GUARANTEE
Sage may limit the Guarantee service for Sage products to countries where Sage sells directly.
This Guarantee does not apply to the following:
1. Damage or defects consisting of normal wear or tear resulting from normal aging of the Sage product or accessory; the replacement guarantee also excludes breakages and consumable items such as water filter;
2. Superficial damage, including scratches, dents and damaged plastic on connections, unless the defect is due to a defect in material or workmanship;
3. Transport damaged goods;
4. Modifications, alterations or repairs unless directed by Sage and performed by an authorized Sage service partner;
5. Damage resulting from accidents, misuse or improper use, unusual storage or environmental conditions, force majeure or other external causes;
6. Damage due to improper use of the Sage product in accordance with the Sage product user manual and specifications;
7. Malfunction or damages due to lack of maintenance, e.g. not descaling your coffee machine to prevent scale build up.
8. Sage products that have been modified without the express consent of Sage;
9. Sage products whose serial number or product label has been removed or misappropriated, or
10. Sage products that have been used for commercial purposes.
SAGE GUARANTEE PROCEDURE
A claim of Guarantee service takes place after a case is created with Sage customer service (contact information United Kingdom: Sage Customer Community) . Submitting for repair or replacement is free of charge for the customer if the service is requested in the country in which the device was purchased.
Statutory guarantee claims you may have against your contract partner are not affected by this Guarantee.
Pursuant to the “Sage Guarantee”, purchases can be repaired or replaced by SAGE within 2 years after purchase date. The following conditions apply:
· Sage does not accept returns and won’t refund parts or accessories that are part of a purchased product. Sage will only consider spare parts and accessory returns when these were purchased as such, and still unopened and in original packaging; and
· If the item is returnable and you send it back to us, Sage will offer you a refund in the case of a direct online purchase from Sage based on your original method of payment.
FOR COMMERCIAL GUARANTEE PROCEDURE DO NOT RETURN PRODUCT TO A RETAIL SHOP
Please follow these instructions, subject to the terms of the Guarantee, to receive faster service:
1. Write down the product model number and batch code (this is a 4-digit number). These details can usually be found on a sticker or moulded into the product housing and are typically located underneath or on the back of the product.